With the development of an EnMS, organisations can save money and at the same time help conserve resources and tackle climate change through efficient energy use.
Based on the management system model of continual improvement, ISO 50001 is also used for other standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001. This makes integrating energy management into efforts for improving quality and environmental management easier for organisations.
ISO 50001:2011 provides a framework of requirements for organizations to:
- Develop a policy for more efficient use of energy
- Fix targets and objectives to meet the policy
- Use data to better understand and make decisions about energy use
- Measure the results
- Review how well the policy works, and
- Continually improve energy management
Benefits of ISO 50001:2011
- Works from large to small organizations across all sectors
- Improved cost savings
- Helps to achieve energy efficiency & compliance
- Reduced environmental impact – carbon & GHG
Funding Available for SMEs for ISO 50001:2011
The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme aimed at helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs, relating to consultancy, manpower, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities for process improvement, product development and market access. SPRING's enhanced funding support of up to 70% would be effective for three years until 31 March 2018.
What can CCIS do for you?
CCIS provides consultancy services to guide your organisation through the stages of development, implementation and trial audit. We also assist clients in applying for the CDG grant. Contact us today for a non-obligatory quote!