OHSAS is an Occupational Health and Safety Management System that is designed for company to better safety and health issues in the organisation by reduce the potential for accidents; aid legislative compliance; and improve overall performance.
Benefits of OHSAS 18001
- Improves productivity through reduction of workplace accidents
- Prevents downtime or costs related to accidents
- Helps eliminate or minimise risks for stakeholders through identification of hazards and control measures to manage them
- Credibility and image improved amongst stakeholders, customers and the public
- Legislative compliance and awareness - With OHSAS / SS, system ensures you are compliant with latest laws and legislations
Did you know?
Upon achieving OHSAS 18001:2007, your organisation can apply for bizSAFE STAR via Direct Entry without having to go through bizSAFE Levels 1 to 4. However, you will need to engage an MOM approved Workplace Safety and Health Auditing Organisation (WSHAO) like CCIS to conduct a WSH RM audit.
- OHSAS 18001 was first released in the UK in 1999
- in recognition of the needs for a standard for occupational health & safety (OHS) – in line with ISO 14001 EMS and ISO 9001 QMS; this is to facilitate setting up of an Integrated Management System (IMS) within an organization
- it applies to your WORKPLACE
- with all Interested Parties and their OHS interests in mind
- and commitments to legal compliance and continual improvement
- it applies to any organization who is interested to see an OHSMS in place – to prevent / control / improve its OHS hazards - so as to improve its OHS performance, all for protecting personal health & safety & properties
- it encampasses a management process of: policy – risks – plan – do – check – act – continual improvement
- with legislative compliance as a minimum requirement – (SMS or SCC can be a part of your OHSMS).
- to prevent low morale owing to high accident rates
- to sustain company business & profit
- to organize and self-regulate OHS efforts with legal compliance
- to eliminate / minimize / confine risks exposure of employees and other interested parties
- to implement, maintain & continually improve your OHSMS and OHS performance
- to assure and demonstrate to others – conformance to own OHS Policy
- to project company image & to market-differentiate – with sales expansion and manpower stability
What can CCIS do for you?
CCIS provides consultancy services to guide your organisation through the stages of development, implementation and trial audit. Internal Auditors course is also available on a monthly basis. We also assist clients in applying for the CDG grant. Additionally, we have assisted over a thousand companies in achieving their ISO ambition. Contact us today for a non-obligatory quote!