SS 506 : Part 1 : 2009 Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) Management System
Number of companies who have benefited from our services for ISO & bizsafe
This SS 506 Standard specifies requirements for an OSH management system to enable an organisation to develop and implement a policy and objectives which take into account legal requirements and information about OSH risks. It is intended to apply to all types and sizes of organisations and to accommodate diverse geographical, cultural and social conditions. The basis of the approach is shown in Figure 1. The success of the system depends on commitment from all levels and functions of the organisation, and especially from top management. A system of this kind enables an organisation to develop an OSH policy, establish objectives and processes to achieve the policy commitments, take action as needed to improve its performance and demonstrate the conformity of the system to the requirements of this SS 506 Standard. The overall aim of this SS 506 Standard is to support and promote good OSH practices, in balance with socio-economic needs.
- Improves productivity through reduction of workplace accidents
- Prevents downtime or costs related to accidents
- Helps eliminate or minimise risks for stakeholders through identification of hazards and control measures to manage them
- Credibility and image improved amongst stakeholders, customers and the public
- Legislative compliance and awareness – With OHSAS / SS, system ensures you are compliant with latest laws and legislations