ISO 22000 FSMS Consultant, Training & Certification Singapore
Number of companies who have benefited from our services for ISO & bizsafe
What Is ISO 22000?
ISO 22000 or Food Safety Management System is a standard to ensure food safety management system can be achieved by any organization in particular to those in the F&B industry.
A Food Safety Management System that is designed to help organisations meet food safety requirements and combines the following generally recognised key elements to ensure food safety along the food chain, up to the point of final consumption:
— Interactive communication;
— System management;
— Prerequisite programmes;
— HACCP principles
This International Standard integrates the principles of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP) system and application steps developed by the Codex Alimentarius Commission. Through auditable requirements, it combines the HACCP plan with prerequisite programmes (PRPs). Hazard analysis is the key to an effective food safety management system since conducting a hazard analysis assists in organising the knowledge required to establish an effective combination of control measures. This International Standard requires that all hazards that may be reasonably expected to occur in the food chain, including hazards that may be associated with the type of process and facilities used, are identified and assessed. Thus it provides the means to determine and document why specific identified hazards need to be controlled by a particular organisation and why others need not.
Benefits of ISO 22000:2018
- Management tool like ISO 9000 but adapted to suit the food & beverage industry
- Merge multiple food requirements into one management system
- Greater confidence in customers, added prestige to company
- Internationally recognised as the food safety standard
- Company guarantees safe product and process
Funding Available for Singapore SMEs for ISO 22000 (FSMS)
The Capability Development Grant (CDG) is a financial assistance programme aimed at helping Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) in Singapore defray up to 70% of qualifying project costs. These include costs relating to consultancy, manpower, training, certification, upgrading productivity and developing business capabilities for process improvement, product development and market access. Enterprise Singapore’s enhanced funding support of up to 70% would be effective for three years until 31 March 2018.
How did ISO 22000 come about?
– Food safety for public health is a global concern;
– HACCP – Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point was first implemented in the USA in the 60’s for food safety in the space programme; this continues to be an inconsistent standard that varies significantly by country.
– ISO 22000, a Food Safety Management System model for the management and assurance of safety and suitability of foodstuffs, was first released on Sep 01, 2005. This is internationally more consistent with Codex adoption, which WHO • FAO supports.
Which industries is the ISO 22000 applicable?
It applies to any industries in the food chain that deal with food preparation, processing, manufacturing, packaging, storage, transportation, distribution, handling or offering for sale or supply of foodstuffs. It primarily deals with food safety in the food processes.
Who should get the ISO 22000 certification?
– it applies to any food organisation who is interested to see an management system in place – to prevent and control the food hazards including food contamination – so as to assure and improve food safety.
What is the ISO 22000?
It is a scientific, rational, and systematic approach to identifying, assessing, and controlling food-safety hazards from raw materials and production to final product use. It is a system set up for management to ensure and improve food safety.
Why get ISO 22000 certified?
Public health incidents may cost an organisation its entire business confidence to customers and consumers. Apart from preventing additional cost incurred, ISO 22000 can also help your organisation increased market share and revenue, have better cost-effective control of foodborne hazards, and easy entry to international trade. ISO 22000 ensures your organisation’s compliance with legal requirements and can be integrated with other management systems like ISO9001:2000 for food product/service quality.
Enterprise Development Grant (EDG)
The ISO 22000 certification is eligible for subsidies under the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) from Enterprise Singapore. To qualify for the EDG, your organisation must:
- Be registered and operating in Singapore
- Have a minimum of 30% local shareholding
- Be in a financially viable position to start and complete the project
- Enterprise Singapore will assess these applications based on the project scope, project outcomes, and service provider competency. Under the EDG, organisations are entitled to the following subsidies:
- SMEs up to 50%; non-SMEs up to 30% of qualified costs
- Certification fees are a supportable cost component